Friday, December 10, 2010

"open your eyes to something new, open your heart, it's something only you can do"

i walked onto the stage and sat on the stool. adjusted the mics and my name was screamed by the faces i couldn't see in the blackness of the crowd. all i could see was the stage in front of me, myself, and the bright spotlight at the back of the auditorium.

i started to play and the crowd was silent. then i was singing. then i was gone, lost, up in this amazing high. once i wasn't so nervous, i looked out at the crowd and smiled as i played. during the last chorus, they all started clapping and swaying in time with my song, some even waving cell phones in the air.

i strummed the last chord and everyone was screaming.

nothing can describe the amazing, incredible HIGH i felt while i was onstage. as soon as i walked behind the curtain, all i could think to myself was, "i want to do this for the rest of my life." i was beaming. everyone was congratulating me, telling me how good i was, even complete strangers.

out of 22 acts, including 5 guitar players and 2 bands, i won third place.

for the first time in my life, i feel like i can genuinely say i am proud of myself. i feel like a fucking rockstar. some girl i barely know facebooked me asking for a cd!

i wanna do this all the time. i feel like maybe, just maybe, i could go somewhere. my song even said, "and i know, i might not reach the stars, but i get closer every night i pick up my guitar." i don't even care about being famous, really, i just want to show my music to the world. i've started doing youtube videos this week, and i'm going to keep that up. enter contests. maybe get on itunes someday. i just wanna make this a bigger part of my life. and show the world.

the new guy's a for sure. dan was talking to me again about wanting to kiss me. i avoided the sandwich my friend was literally shoving in my face. and then this happened.

so this is what a good day feels like :)

stay strong, think thin, live ana
xoxoNikkioxox

3 comments:

  1. I'd love to hear your music ! (:
    Do you put videos of you singing on youtube and are they already there ? (:

    Stay Strong♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh PLEASE RECORD SOMETHING FOR US? So we can hear you sing? There must be a youtube vid out there right? I'd LOVE to hear you sing.
    Glad you're on such a high! You deserve it.

    <33 love x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we all desperately want to hear you sing!!! Glad you're having such an awesome time!

    ReplyDelete

*** note: hater comments will be deleted ***