Thursday, November 19, 2009

The 3-Step Program for Ana

My passion is BACK! I feel so light and in control, and I love it! A lot of what helped was organizing all the things I did during my 5 day fast into words in my journal. I soon realized it's like an Ana Step-By-Step Program! lol. So I went ahead and typed it up, just for all you ladies. Enjoy!

Everyone knows those thinspo sites, we’ve all browsed through them and many of us still do. We pore over those lists of tips, and a lot of times it ends up repeating the same tips over and over on every website. It’s about time somebody came up with something new. And that’s exactly what I’ve done. So here it is, my 3 Step “Program” for the perfect fasting plan. :)
Step 1: Initial Motivation– Find a reason to fast. SPECIFIC for this fast. Maybe you got in a fight with your bf/gf and you want to get back at them, or you think getting skinny will solve all your relationship issues. Maybe you want the praise from your parents. Whatever it is, think of it. The key is to make it specific, not just “I want to be skinny” or “I hate how I look” or something like that. Gear it towards what’s going on in your life. I take out all my stressors on it. Fight with my gf? Lose weight to stop the fighting. Mom calls me fat? I’ll show her.

Step 2: Creating Your Plan – I would suggest writing out your plan in your ana diary, food journal, or wherever you want. But PHYSICALLY write it, don’t type it out. Whenever you physically write things they are stuck in your head more, more committed to memory (it’s the same reason teachers may tell you not to change your answer on a multiple choice – your body wrote it down for a reason). You need your goal, your plan, and your motto.
  • The goal could be how much weight you want to lose by a certain date, or in a certain amount of time, or maybe you want to stretch how long you can make it on a fast. The plan is exactly that – your plan. What you’re allowed to eat or drink, when and how much you exercise (even better – plan out your exercise routine too).
  • Also plan out your rewards. A daily reward is really effective. A good way to do it is to eat something bite sized or 50 cals or under right before you go to bed for every day you successfully stick to your plan. Or, let yourself get a coffee or low-carb energy drink in the morning if you've lost weight after a successful day. I know, eating to motivate yourself to lose weight? It's not as crazy as you'd think. Food is naturally a GREAT reinforcer for behavior because our bodies, by biology, want food. Reward yourself with food and you'll get in the mindset to stick to your plan very fast.
  • Your motto is a great motivator. Come up with something creative, or use a new thinspo quote (check out the new Quote of the Week section in my sidebar). Make sure it's empowering. My latest one was "Let's raise some hell." It reflected that fire inside me, that angry determination, and it got me through all five days with a lot of ease.
Step 3: Sticking to It - I don't know if i invented this or if I've just never seen it on an ana site before, but I call it "Self-Thinspiration." It's where you motivate yourself to stick to your plan, not with other people (thinspo pictures, quotes, songs) but with yourself.
     Here's a couple ways I've come up with doing it:
  • Self-Thinspiring Pictures - stand in front of the mirror with your camera, wearing either a tight cami or just your bra. Stretch up your arms as HIGH  as you can. This stretches your whole torso, and makes you look slimmer from the side, right? Take a picture of yourself, side view. I just fumbled with stretching one arm and keeping my shoulder up of my other arm and took the picture, but your cameras probably have timers you could set. See that picture over there? that's me, last week, all stretched up. I look NOTHING LIKE THAT in reality.
  • Text Yourself - Every night right before you go to sleep, text up a little note to motivate yourself for the next day (POSITIVE encouragement) and congratulate yourself for what you did right that day. Sign it "Love, Ana." Text it to yourself and don't open it. Then in the morning, open it. Read it. Even though you already know what it says, reading it will motivate you right off the bat in the morning.
The Self-Thinspiration thing is still a work in progress, and I'll probably add more to it as time comes on and I come up with more ideas. If you guys wanna throw any ideas out there, just post it on my blog or email me (punkchick14@live.com).

Lots of ana love to you all!

Stay strong, think thin, live ana
xoxoNikkioxox

No comments:

Post a Comment

*** note: hater comments will be deleted ***